Saturday, November 16, 2013

Our Holy Day

The day I found out I was expecting another baby is a day I'll always remember. We had asked God and prayed so fervently to Him for this miracle, I cried and sobbed with unimaginable gratitude and joy. The day I was told we were having two is also fairly memorable. :) After that day, when the babies' hearts weren't even beating yet and were only a fragile and sensitive 6 weeks old, we prayed and prayed that God would let us keep both. And He did. Of course their birthday will always be one of my best and happiest and most remarkable days of my life. . . and following this incredible list of beautiful moments is the day Olivia and Tommy joined their cousin Jimmy in the Body of Christ as they were baptized, all three, together at the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. I will always remember how white the event was, how brightly the sun shone through the enormous stained glass windows. It felt as if the Holy Spirit was truly in our midst. I think He was. 

See--look at all that white!

Jacob and his patron saint, St. Juan Diego

Sweet Susie wearing the Archbishop's cap.

Nick and Tommy. See--white.

Olivia and her godfather, Uncle David.

Baby Jimmy

Baby Tommy

Baby Olivia!

The O'Banions were all there, and Uncle James' family. You three babies are so loved!

Again. . . the white, right? Was a heavenly day, truly.

1 comment: