Sunday, June 16, 2013

30 Weeks

Well, here we go. I feel like we're on the last lap (or maybe the last few laps?). Knowing I won't go a full 40 weeks of pregnancy, it seems like #30 week is a milestone (at least I'm seeing it that way!). 

40 weeks. Day I went into labor with Ellie.
30 weeks with the twins.


So, we wait and get hot and squished. Poor Ellie has run out of lap room. :) We've finished "nesting," I think--two carseats, two beds, two little bassinets, a double stroller and Amazon Mom for the 3000 diapers (apparently each baby will go through 8-12 a day. A. Day.). Ellie's uniform is bought for the new school year, and I keep checking the school's website for the boys' supply lists. I've pinned some ideas for freezer crockpot meals so my kids and husband don't live off of Papa John's for 2 months (I'm sure they'd be devastated if this happened). We have pacifiers, burp cloths, onesies, cute little white hangers and lots of Boudreaux's Butt Paste. That should do it, right? 

It's what I keep telling Steve--I just don't know what I don't know. We still need to find a babysitter to help me, and I don't know how exactly the three "big" kids are getting to and from school. I'm not really sure how the three carseats will work in the car--I guess straight across the middle and the boys will just have to get in through the back hatch door of the suburban? Nick thinks we should just buy a church van. Maybe get our own logo and theme song. Oh, and the second dog is due to arrive sometime in early October. 

We are abundantly blessed, no? I knew my 33rd age would be great, I just didn't know it would be this great. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Katie! You look beautiful !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound about as ready to me as you can be. Don't worry too much about the cooking--I'm coming!

    ReplyDelete