Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Missing my People

It's my sister's birthday today. And I miss her. I'd like to meet her today for lunch or for a swing. I'd like to walk with her and tell jokes or, really more comforting, say nothing. You can only really do that with people you know best-say nothing. I miss her. I miss my people. The boys started school this morning. It's raining outside and a little chilly. I'm excited for them (5th and 8th grades!), and I'm excited for me, too. :) But today, I ache somewhere inside. I want to know people. I want to run into someone I know in the cereal aisle. I want to go to a birthday party or be asked for a cup of sugar. I miss my parents. I miss the comfort of being myself around people who love me even though they know me! Today, on a day of new beginnings for my kids and my sister, I find myself just wanting the old and missing the broken in.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww - I wish we could go to lunch, too! I was just thinking that this morning, actually. It's kinda weird...my birthday has always been at the beginning of a new move - right at the time when you don't know people well enough for them to know your birthday! A sister is the best cure for that! :) SOOO excited for y'all to be here next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we miss you, too. Biological people or not. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete