Friday, November 30, 2012

Trail Turns

Sometimes, on the dogwood trail, the path would break to the left or right, and you'd have to crawl over the fallen branches and find your footing on the other side.

Our path has broken to the southwest, to be exact. Right over Tennessee and into Tyler, TX. We are on our way home!  No more hurricanes (hopefully), no more coats in the car, and no more of these crazy things that make you look like a chipmunk.



We're so excited, we're lost for words. :)


Steve has taken a position with a hospital there--we'll be able to drive to see family and share our lives with those we love. We'll be able to invite Daddy-O and Mamalise for graduations and 16th birthday parties, take baths with Susie and Jack more often, crash David's house and learn to eat crawfish with Casey. I am so excited to give this village to my children, especially Nick and Jacob.

We have been touched and blessed by many good people in New Jersey, and I will always consider myself lucky to have such a broad horizon of experiences. But my spirit feels peaceful and hopeful about this return to Texas. My children have seen so much (maybe too much?) for their short lifetimes. They definitely have the wings--I'm so happy we can dig in and give them roots.



No comments:

Post a Comment