Monday, August 29, 2011

Confession

I don't mean the Catholic kind. I mean the everyday kind. The kind you hate to do, but feel better after you, in fact, do it.

I don't always wash my hands after I go to the bathroom. But I feel pressured to when I'm leaving and there is a lady at the sink, powdering her nose. I give in, take a sharp, but not too sharp looking turn toward the sink and act relieved to get to run that warm soapy water over my hands. It's so un-PC to not wash your hands every 20 minutes. I do wash them. . .after I handle raw chicken. But if no one is at the sink rooting through a purse, I walk right out and pick up that book in Barnes and Noble I was perusing before I went in.

I don't shut the stall door, either. If I'm alone in the bathroom, I prefer to leaving it dangling. I don't know why, I just don't like to bother locking it. Why, if no one is in there? And, after having a baby, I don't really feel the need to close it at all (except that it would, again, be un-PC and maybe weird). We're all doing the same thing in there, and if you've had a baby, there is nothing the world doesn't know.

That's the truth.

"God is working miracles through you so be still and listen."

No comments:

Post a Comment