Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Endless Song

Every time I hear this song, I pray they are my last words. They bring me comfort and serenity in times of confusion or doubt. I find myself singing this song in the car or in the kitchen, and I love how the Holy Spirit must be giving it to me to remind me of the source of all strength and peace! "No storm can shake your inmost calm, Katie! What are you worrying for?"

The last few days have been interesting ones in our house. The boys started school. I started back to a mom's group I belong to. Steve is in conversation with some people regarding future opportunities. (That sounds like a mafia. For the record, he is not Capone.) We had a very big, crossroads kind of conversation with Nick regarding his "girlfriend" and, well. Should I just say that Steve used the phrases "playing with fire," "too big for your britches," "we're going to help you by eliminating some things for you," "in over your head," "possibly next year." We still pray for another baby and we still praise God for His many blessings. We are grateful but not satisfied. Is that an oxymoron?

Today, I will keep this in mind. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Oh, happy day!

My life goes on in endless song
above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
that hails a new creation!

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear its music ringing,
It sounds and echos in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to the rock I'm clinging!
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
How can I keep from singing?

No comments:

Post a Comment